A credit report is a kind of record showing borrowers’ credit history collected from different financial sources. Credit scores are based on customers’ credit report and repayment schedule that plays an important role in making future predictions. Problems of inaccuracy at credit reports are very common among people and affect their credit score severely. No person can get rid of inaccurate information from credit reports instantly and efficiently remove errors from credit reports. Nowadays, it is better to hire credit repair companies to enhance credit scores. Besides hiring credit repair companies, one may have their free credit repair companies by do-it-yourself techniques with minor or no cost.
Few Do It Yourself Techniques for Credit Repairs
There are few steps to be followed while having to do it yourself techniques in credit repairs. They are as given below-
Step 1: Inform Credit Repair Company well in writing about all mistakes found in credit reports. One may take the help of a sample for writing. It should also include copies of supporting documents for reports, clearly stating the facts and reasons for disputed problems. Credit repair companies start their work of investigation within thirty days. All relevant data relating to inaccuracies existing in credit reports are collected from the side of the company. After completing the investigation, Credit Company offers results in writing back and a free copy of reports regarding any change in disputes. Credit reporting must send written notice indicating name, address, and phone number. I investigation does not solve disputes with credit reporting companies; one may have a statement indicating disputes in file and future reports.
Step 2: Inform creditors and other information providers in written about disputes in item. Usually, copies of supporting documents are accepted rather than original ones. Many providers may also specify addresses regarding disputes. In case when information is found inaccurate, providers may not report it again.
Laws Indicated By Credit Repair Organizations Act
The credit repair organization act (CROA) has been specially established to indicate laws related to credit repair services. This act has been introduced by Federal Trade Commission and instructs credit repair companies to explains the following-
- Legal rights of lender and the clear details of services performed by them.
- Three days of grace for canceling services without any charge
- The period required for getting results
- Total cost for paying
- Any guarantees
Remedies for Frauds at Credit Repair Services
- State Attorneys General- Most states have laws relating to credit repairs companies. In case when any person suffers from any problem with their credit repair company, they have the option to contact their local consumer office or to state attorney general (AG).
- Federal Trade Commission- One also has the option to file a complaint to Federal Trade Commission. This commission does solve each individual’s problems but direct credit companies for their violations of rules. One has the option to file their complaint online with their official website.
Their counselors are certified and well trained for imparting consumer credit, money, debt management, and budgeting.