Electricity is an essential component in our household and daily lives. All our electric appliances use electricity for their uses. It is always important to be safe first, as electricity can be dangerous.
Low or high levels of current can cause various damages to the body. This is why it is always necessary to get the electrical safety checked by an electrician.
An electrical study certificate tells you about many things, including the safety of the appliances. The eicr cost is not a lot compared to the safety of you and your family members.
Factors that determine the EICR bill
Many factors are used to determine it. They are –
- Accessibility of appliances
- Location and size of the house
- The number of appliances to be tested
- The complexity of circuit box
- Hourly price of the electrician and level of their qualifications
EICR certificate allows the person to know about –
- Fire hazards
- Shock risks
- Unsafe wiring
- Lack of earthing and bonding
- Defective work
- Overload of electricity in equipment and circuits
Who requires an EICR certificate?
According to the British institute BS761, the business owner should have EICR every 3 to 5 years. The house owners should keep an EICR certificate for at least 8 to 10 years. In case of a tenant, landlords should give a copy to them in case of –
- New tenants moving in before they occupy the house
- Existing tenants within 30 days of test
- If a tenant requests it, it should be provided within 28 days
- Local authorities, within 6-8 days
Cost of EICR?
EICR costs can vary from place to place. The price mostly comes to about £150. A competent and qualified person must carry out the testing. The cost also depends on the nature and size of the job, the company, and the location of your house. The cost of a landlord electrical safety certificate is about £250 for a flat and more than £400 for a house.
Benefits of EICR?
- Reduce carbon footprint – it helps reduce energy usage by heating, lighting, and monitoring changes. It increases the safety of the wiring in the house.
- It helps you save money – with the help of EICR; it allows you to find any faulty wiring and appliances that can help you save money instead of replacing them entirely.
- Safety: It is essential to make sure you and your family are safe.
With the help of an EICR certificate, you can gain deep knowledge about the wiring system in your house. It depicts various suggestions like –
- F1 – investigation is necessary without any delay.
- C1 – there is danger present that could lead to injuries. This calls for immediate action.
- C2 – there is some danger present, and action needs to be taken soon
- C3 – there is no danger present, but some improvements can make the electric flow better
EICR certificate gives a good insight into the flow of electricity in your house. With the help of this, you can make necessary changes in your house.